Friday, 27 June 2014

These guys are why girls feel intimidated in the weights room



Sometimes, Women and Men feel intimidated in the weights area/room of the gym; the noise, the bravado and the testosterone levels can feel daunting to some.

However,I see the weights area and the gym in general as a jungle...

In the jungle there are those smaller animals who just go about their business of swinging, jumping and generally having fun(in a animal way). However, there is also the minority of bigger animals like Lions and Gorillas who are fighting for the title of "Alpha Male". As human we often try to avoid our animalistic tendency. So, the "fighting" is more an existential expression of bravado in the form of grunts, flexing and the odd YEAH BUDDY chant!

I can see why some people would find this intimidating. However, often this bravado is more jovial than sinister. Often those same "alpha males" are the most helpful people in the gym.

Why? because being helpful in its self is a form of being an "alpha male". If you are able to possess enough sort after information that someone will enquire how to reach your level or how you can help them. It will make you feel like you are an "Alpha Male" in terms of knowledge/intelligence not just muscle density and fat percentages....

Therefore, if you feel yourself become intimidated think of this:

  1. Those guys/girls are most likely actually pretty friendly
  2. YOU PAY YOUR GYM MEMBERSHIP THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSE; SO GO WHERE YOU LIKE!
Number 2 is the most important. You pay your membership, so you have the right to go where ever you want. Remember that and get in the zone and get to work!!!!

And, you might even find yourself dropping a Yeah buddy chant to yourself (maybe just under your breath at first)

However, i think it is scenes like in this video that give people their fear of the weights room...




So, good luck next time you are in the gym!

I always say the Three Cs of life are choice, chance and change; YOU have to make the choice to take the chance, if you want anything to change.

Antoine Allen

Think it, believe it and you will achieve it
Subscribe to my youtube channel for free workout videos and advice

www.youtube.com/AntoineFitnessmodel
@6packworkouts

Sponsored by Pro 10 Supplements

4 comments:

  1. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work.
    Malegra DXT

    ReplyDelete

  2. Pretty nice post. I have in fact enjoyed reading your website posts. I have been googling blogs and sites in related manner recently and i have to state you have a nice
    flipkart coupon


    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you tell me about the second paragraph in more detail?L'Reve 24kPlease tell me that youre heading to keep this up! Its so very good and so important. I cant wait to read far more from you.
    http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/lreve-24k/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must confess that Ive gotten a bit distracted going through and reading a number of your posts I ought to probably be doing work. Youve got some good observations here, Alpha XTRM so I will add you to my Google Reader for the future. Take care! colon cleansing This article really made me think deeply, thats a rarity for me LOL.http://www.healthcaresups.com/alpha-xtrm/

    ReplyDelete